Floral and Stripe is an event and wedding decorating business based out of Gig Harbor, Washington that serves the greater Puget Sound area with design and full-service decorating.
hey there, I’m Cherelle!
I didn’t grow up thinking I wanted to be an event decorator…
I actually went through a stage where I wanted to be an actress 🤦♀️, and then once reality hit me and I realized that would NOT happen, nor was it a good idea, I had a huge interest in interior design.
I remember cutting up cute gift bags that had the prettiest designs on them and placing them into matted frames for my “DIY Faux Art” on my bedroom wall. This was, of course, after all the 127 Backstreet Boys posters were taken down and I began my journey into sophisticated decorating at the fresh age of 11 😅.
The older I got, the more interested in designing and decorating I became.
And the real story begins here…
In 2016 I decided on a whim to open up my own event and wedding decorating business since I had such a huge passion for designing and decorating for friends and family.
I started with a few very budgeted weddings and a very memorable bridezilla, to now specializing in five-star weddings, corporate functions, galas, non- profit events, special celebrations, parties and more.
What was once just a hobby for those I loved…
…has now turned into a business I’m passionate about.
Anyone can throw linens and candles on a table, but not everyone can capture the “YOU” behind your event.
I know because I’ve been there.
I’ve attended events where the decor made the event feel dry and meaningless, which made the night less than memorable.
and that’s why I truly love getting to know my clients and working with them one-on-one
To me, designing your event to reflect YOU is so very special to me.
With all your likes and dislikes, your stories, and all that comes with it, and then taking that information to craft the perfect event design that seamlessly flows with the ones that truly matter most.
With that being said, it’s all in the little details. I love to truly get to know my client’s personalities so that I can curate their event to express THEM!
It’s moments like these that make me love my work even more…
fun facts about Cherelle
- Family- First and foremost, I am a wife, Mama to 3, and a Christian. My first responsibility is to the God I serve and to my fam.
- Home Life- We live on a farm and we have goats, chickens, and pigs. I’m just a tad bit obsessed with farm animals.
- Weakness- Donuts. I can never say NO to the donuts! Can I get an amen to that?
- Favorite Colors- Leopard print, floral print, and black and white stripes. Yep, I’ve officially deemed them colors!
- Personal Style- Everything, sort of. Colorful, pattern-mixing, with a bit of vintage and farmhouse.
- Favorite Books- I love vintage literature and books about finances and psychology. Little Women and Dave Ramsey books are my go-to.
- Favorite Food- Mexican! Just give me beans, rice and baskets full of chips, please!
- Personality- Extrovert. Fun and lively, with a tad bit of sarcasm and a knack for over talking.
- Favorite Hobby- Decorating. Just ask my husband. Our living room gets changed with every season or Holiday. Not. Even. Kidding!
- Interesting Fact- I train in Krav Maga. It’s a wonderful way for no-nonsense, self-defense, and is used by the Israeli Defense Forces for their training. This is the online martial arts school I train with!
When I’m not designing events, you might find me writing for my blog, “The Inspired Prairie”,…homeschooling my kiddos, playing with my goats and pigs, reading Little Women for the millionth time, or staying up till 3 am snacking in the kitchen.
Don’t judge! 😎
So if you’re ready to:
- ✔ Work with a designer who’s going to create an event that pays attention to the little details
✔ Work with a designer who makes the design process fun
✔ Works with a designer who’s engaging and responsive
✔ and work with a designer who will design and decorate your event to truly reflect YOU